Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Pictures


We all have them. Some of them we love. Some we hate. But each one tells a story.

What is it? It's the family portrait of course. As I have been compiling a photographic family history I've come across a lot of our old family pictures. It's always amazing to me how cool we all thought we were at the time but when we look back at our family pictures we can't help but think how awful we looked and get that "What was I thinking" thought in our heads. Of course, when we're just young kids we have an excuse because we didn't dress ourselves. But I must admit I made a few mistakes that would have brought the fashion police calling, especially during my teenage years in the 70's.

Now I'm only going to show the family pictures at this point. No sense embarrassing myself all at once. But no matter how funny I think I looked in some of the pictures, I think that, "Hey, at least we were together as a family". I came from a pretty good family. Yes, we all had our moments when we tried our parent's patience and I think we all have some quirks, but in the end, we all came out OK.

So enjoy the pictures in the slideshow. See how we progressed through time. Admit it . . . We look pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment